Amazon has introduced the new Fire HD tablet, including a 6″ model priced at just $99, and a 7″ model priced at $139. They are available for pre-order now and will start shipping in October.
“Fire HD is the most powerful tablet under $100,” said Jeff Bezos, Amazon.com Founder and CEO. “The new Fire HD features a stunning HD display, quad-core processor, Dolby Digital Audio, front and rear-facing cameras, incredible reliability, and Amazon’s unmatched content ecosystem—all supported by Amazon customer service.”
Fire HD is available in five different colors: black, white, cobalt, magenta, and citron. Accessories include a protective cover that can stand in both portrait and landscape orientations, as well as adapters that allow you to connect your Fire HD to an HDTV, monitor, or mass storage device via HDMI, VGA or USB.
Key features include:
- High-definition display—Crisp and vivid with over 1 million pixels – brighter than the previous generation Kindle Fire HD.
- Ultrafast quad-core processor—Running at up to 1.5 GHz.
- Front and rear-facing cameras.
- Profiles give everyone a personalized experience—each family member gets their own profile, including individual email, Facebook and Twitter accounts, page in the book, spot in a movie, and game levels.
- Dolby Digital Plus Audio.
- Up to 8 hours of battery life.
- and more.
Read more on the official Amazon Fire HD page.